Wednesday, May 14, 2008

12 and a half hours on the road and Im still energized!

well...okay so I'm not. I was suppose to go out to Club Ebony tonight but we have an 8 am bus call and I was up late defending myself from my roomie and her co-hort Calvin. We had fun though. We went around Indianola with Mac and he seemed to know everyone! It was fun. I got a few good photos and a video of David James playing his harmonica. That man is an amazing musician and needs to stop being so modest. Tonight at dinner with the Sunflower County Freedom Project kids we got him play some freedom songs. We were also treated to a special guest, Ms Margaret Block, who was also involved in the movement in the Delta with Fannie Lou Hamer and Mac. She treated us to some really great Freedom Songs and some of her fine poetry. She even invited us into her home which was beautiful. She has a very fine library. I really enjoyed meeting Senator Simmons and eating at his restaurant. That was some good food! I don't like stuffing but their stuff was so amazing I'm sure I ate 5 lbs atleast haha. Well I'm going to go pack now. Take Care

No comments: